Monday, February 17, 2014

Resource Notes #3

I found while going through a random instagram feed a graffiti artist/disigner known as "HUEMAN". Hueman caught my attention first off, because she is a beautiful female who happens to be a graffiti artist, now it's always a great moment to hear about female graffiti artists, because you don't see many girls into the raw and rough style of graffiti art. I found her website called www.huemannature.com, and from going through her bio I learned first off that her name is Allison Torneros and that basically she is a free spirit artist. It's artists like her that inspire me to continue on with my passion for art, because for one she's a female in the graffiti scene, how cool is that?! I honestly give her props. But after seeing a few videos of her expression behind her art and reading why she paints, I can't help but admire this artist for we look at art so similarly. We take our time add things to our work as we progress in the piece, basically free styling. I also began to understand the origin behind her name "HUEMAN," do to this quote she said, "When I dare to go outside my comfort zone I feel more human, and hope to inspire others to do the same," which I hope to do for others one day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment