Thursday, May 1, 2014

Connections

I can't really say I experienced a lot of things that reminded me much of my masterpiece or inspiration for my art. One thing I can think of is collaborating on ideas with Xavier Navarro on clothing brand designs and meanings. It almost seemed as if we understood exactly what we were both going for. He wants to start up a dope clothing brand that represents the upcoming of success of the growth to becoming an "Undrground King". Someone who came from the streets and rose up to the top. And what art medium is most suited to represent underground style than Graffiti?! So that's where I come in drawing up designs for his vision while we both establish and live the message we are trying to send. Which is said in this quote written by Xavier Navarro. "An Undrground King is someone who's on their way to the top. They Work their Ass Off just to get Noticed. Anyone can be Great, but to be the Best you must First become an Undrground King." Which basically means you have to establish yourself first with your audience, go to the streets, speak to the people and communicate and collaborate. Our message is to bring the reality of creativity and the strive for success back to life. One day we'll be "Undrground Kings" and people will understand the message that we bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment